10 ways a government shutdown will affect your daily life
10. Vacation all I ever wanted: Need to get away? Well, you can’t. At least not to national parks. Or to national zoos. Or to national museums. They’ll be closed. That’s 368 National Park Service sites closed, millions of visitors turned away.
Were you thinking more along the lines of a trip to France? If you don’t already have a passport, you might have to bid that adieu you Canada Goose Outlet might not get your blue book in time. The last time Canada Goose Coats On Sale the government threw a canada goose jackets hissy fit, 200,000 applications for passports went unprocessed. Canada Goose Online Tourism and airline revenues reeled.
But buy canada goose jacket according to the State Department’s current shutdown plan, offices will remain open because they generate enough in fees to support their operation. Any offices located in a federal building affected by the shutdown, however, Canada Goose online may not be able to open.
9. Holiday. Celebrate: Don’t go to work if you’re a federal employee. You’re on furlough. (Offer not valid for workers in “critical services,” such as air traffic controllers, hazardous waste handlers and food inspectors.)
Do take some time to celebrate. In previous shutdowns, everyone who stayed home was paid retroactively after peace returned to Washington.
8. canada goose black friday sale I Canada Goose Jackets won’t back down: The men and women in uniform will stay on the job and be paid, according to legislation approved by Congress in the run up to the shutdown.
Scenarios of the shutdown
7. If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street: You canada goose clearance may be thinking, “No functioning government, no need cheap Canada Goose to pay taxes.” Think again. The Man would continue to collect taxes. bonds would still be issued. And other essential banking Canada Goose sale functions will go on.
6. Wait a minute, Mr. Postal Service works through shutdowns as well. Sorry, you won’t catch a break from the junk mail. But hey, you may already be a winner!
5. I want a new drug: Oh, the irony. The Republicans still want to defund, delay or otherwise chip away at Obamacare in exchange for funding the government. But the health care act at the center of this storm would continue its implementation process during a shutdown. That’s because its funds aren’t dependent on the congressional budget process.
4. Pass the ammunition: Not so fast. A shutdown would affect the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Translation: That gun permit you wanted processed won’t happen anytime soon if this goes on for a while.
3. Money (that’s what I want): Well, canada goose clearance sale if you own a small business and needed a loan from the government, you’ll have to wait, depending canada goose store on how long this lasts. If you were planning to buy a house and needed a federal loan, you’ll have to wait. If you’re a veteran, you might have to canada goose coats make a few trips to the mailbox before that check arrives.
If you’re on Social Security, however, don’t worry probably. Social Security payments were sent during the last shutdown. President Barack Obama’s expected to keep workers on the payroll to process checks. But would there be enough employees to process new benefits for the newly retired?
1. I’m proud to be an American: Perhaps the biggest hit would be to the collective psyche. America is the largest economy in the world canadagoosejacketsalesca and a beacon for how democracy ought to work. To watch elected Canada Goose Parka lawmakers engage in a high stakes staring contest with no one willing to blink is canada goose replica no way to do business. A recent CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll found that 51% would blame Republicans for the shutdown. The United States has operated without a budget since 2009 and has avoided canada goose coats on sale a government shutdown with last minute deals. It’s been one stomach turning sequel canadian goose jacket after another.
Not only did the government canada goose run out of money on Tuesday, the nation is set to hit its borrowing limit and potentially default on its debt in mid October. Together, they serve in the words of CNN senior White buy canada goose jacket cheap House correspondent Jim Acosta as a dysfunction canada goose deals double whammy.